Search Postgresql Archives

Re: query multiple schemas

Hi Norbi,

If the number of tenant schemas is reasonably static, you could write a plpgsql function to create a set of UNION ALL views with one view for each table in all tenant schemas. You could re-run the function each time a tenant schema is added. Having the set of views would allow you to query them as you would any of the underlying tables, and the query planner could likely optimise the query better. With your current function, if you needed to add a WHERE clause and the underlying tables were large, it would likely not perform as well as the UNION ALL view.

Cheers,

Steve