Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Performance degradation after upgrading from 9.5 to 14

> On Apr 17, 2024, at 10:13, Johnathan Tiamoh <johnathantiamoh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I performed an  upgrade from postgresql-9.5 to postgresql-14 and the performance has degraded drastically.
>
> Please, is they any advice on getting performance back ?

Run:

	VACUUM (ANALYZE, VERBOSE);

More seriously (although make sure you did do that), "performance" is made up of a lot of components.  There's no "go faster" switch in postgresql.conf you may have neglected.  You'll need to do a bit of investigation first to find out what is running slow, where it should be fast: I/O performance?  Query times?  Once you have that information, the community can provide much more assistance.