Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Controlling resource utilization

De: "yudhi" <learnerdatabase99@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "gparc" <gparc@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Juan Rodrigo Alejandro Burgos Mella" <rodrigoburgosmella@xxxxxxxxx>, "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mercredi 17 Avril 2024 09:42:49
Objet: Re: Controlling resource utilization

On Wed, 17 Apr, 2024, 12:40 pm , <gparc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

De: "Juan Rodrigo Alejandro Burgos Mella" <rodrigoburgosmella@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "yudhi s" <learnerdatabase99@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mardi 16 Avril 2024 22:29:35
ALTER ROLE <your-username> SET statement_timeout = '<time_unit>';
Regards
Gilles

Thank you so much. That helps.

This statement is succeeding for user as I executed. So it's working I believe.

But to immediately verify without manually running queries and waiting for it to be auto killed to confirm, Is there any system table which we can verify to see if this setting is effective, as because I don't see any such columns in pg_user or pg_role which shows the statement_timeout.

 And is there a way to put similar cap/restrictions on other db resources like cpu, memory, I/O at specific user/role level?
To verify the setting, you can use this command in psql :  \drds <your-username>

Concerning system resources like CPUs it's not possible.
You can use pg_settings view to see which setting you can change and in which context :  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/view-pg-settings.html

Regards
Gilles