Search Postgresql Archives

Re: constant crashing

Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 4/14/24 09:20, jack wrote:
>> The full error reads:
>> server closed the connection expectantly
>> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>> before or while processing the request.
>> error: connection to server was lost

> Look at the OS system log.

Really the most detail would be in postgres' own log.  I'd only
expect the system log to contain relevant info if the problem
turns out to be an overeager OOM killer --- but if that's what's
happening, we should be able to diagnose from the postmaster's
log too (because it'd show up as the backend dying from SIGKILL).

			regards, tom lane