Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Tracing libpq client: Only with PQtrace()?

Yep I got it, thanks for the suggestion!
Seb

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2024 4:50 PM
To: Sebastien Flaesch <sebastien.flaesch@xxxxxxx>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tracing libpq client: Only with PQtrace()?

EXTERNAL: Do not click links or open attachments if you do not recognize the sender.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 8:51 AM Sebastien Flaesch <sebastien.flaesch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is the PQtrace() API the only way to enable libpq client tracing?

I thought about some environment variable of client configuration setting...

That's generally the job of the client, or more specifically, the driver providing the interface between your program and the libpq API. Unless you are writing at the low level yourself, in which case, you would need to have your program detect an env and call PQtrace() as needed.

Cheers,
Greg