Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Clarification on View Privileges and Operator Execution in PostgreSQL

On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 9:32 AM Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Functions in the view are executed with the privileges of the user executing the query or the function owner
So does that imply to the function associated with the operators (both builtin and user defined) too.
Basically wanted to know about this -
> Now table x will be accessed (SELECT * FROM x) with "postgres" privileges but who will execute the
> underlying function inside the ( > ) operator ? Is it postgres or alex?

An operator is a function invocation with special syntax.  So I expect that sentence to apply.

If you want to confirm what the documentation says create a custom operator/function that alex is not permitted to execute and have them query a view defined by postgres that uses that function.

David J.