Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting

On 4/3/24 22:23, Adnan Dautovic wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have some trouble using postgres_fdw in order to display some data from a Postgres database I do not control in a Postgres database that I do control. I filled out the form from the wiki below and would appreciate any tips.

* A description of what you are trying to achieve and what results you expect.:
I am trying to import the public schema of a Postgres instance I do not control (I will call it "remote"), but have read-only access to, into a Postgres instance I fully control (I will call it "local"), using the foreign data wrapper postgres_fdw.

Define 'read-only', especially as it applies to the privileges on the public schema.

Per Tom Lane's comments on timezone, log into the remote server and do:

SHOW timezone;

SET timezone = 'etc/UTC';

SET timezone = 'UTC';

Does anyone have an idea for me?