Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to reference a DB with a period in its name ?

Ya, I kind of agree on the >1 DB connections not allowed.  It (perl/DBI) does allow for >1 active DB handles (objects).  But of course those handles/objects have different names and that's how to work with the different ones (not a DB prefix like what I have).  Still, it accepted the name in the syntax if it didn't have a ".".  I kinda liked the db prefix because I'm doing these sweeping deletes and I wanted to make extra-sure that I was deleting from the correct DB.

I'm going to ask them to just create another DB without the "." in the name.  All the code has the prefix and I don't want to uproot that (because it's working).

Thanks David !