Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Inquiry on Participating in the Korean Translation Project for PostgreSQL Documentation

On 3/28/24 07:25, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
On 28 Mar 2024, at 15:22, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/28/24 04:56, 김명준 wrote:
Hello,
I am deeply fascinated by the powerful features and flexibility of PostgreSQL and wish to share it with more Korean speakers. I am interested in contributing to the Korean translation of the PostgreSQL official documentation and would like guidance on how to begin this process.
1. 1. I am curious to know if there is an ongoing project for
    translating PostgreSQL documentation into Korean or if a new project
    needs to be initiated.
2. 2. I would like to inquire about any qualifications required to
    participate in the translation work, or how one can get involved.
3. 3. I am interested in understanding if there are any style guides or
    glossaries that need to be considered during the translation process
    and how to access them.
4. 4. I wonder if there is a platform for collaborating or
    communicating with other individuals interested in participating in
    the translation project.
I aim to assist more developers and users in understanding and accessing PostgreSQL by translating its documentation into Korean. I would appreciate any information on the details of this project and how to participate.

Translations being done:

https://babel.postgresql.org/

Translator mailing list:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-translators/

Translator Wiki:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NLS

Do note the above references are for translating the strings in the program,
and not the documentation which is asked about here.  That being said, those
working on the Korean translations of strings are likely to be a good set of
people to start discussing with as they may have thought about it as well.

Yeah, my mistake.

It might also be useful to ask on:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-docs/

--