Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgBadger: Cannot find any log entries from systemd-journald

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Am 06.03.24 um 16:40 schrieb Greg Sabino Mullane:
On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 3:14 AM Frank Lanitz <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    $ pgbadger --journalctl "journalctl -u postgresql.service"

You could try adding --verbose to see if it gives more clues.

No, unfortunately not. Though, it adds some more nice information in general, but none that actually helped me.

    Having a look into the journal there is a lot of

None of the snippets from journald you showed were actually things pgbadger cares about, FWIW.

It was just an random pick to show there is a bunch of logging -- I also can see checkpoints and vacuum etc. I just didn't want to paste 1GB of log ;)

You can get an idea of what is actually parsed by running "journalctl -u postgresql --output=short-iso"

Looks good to me.

    log_error_verbosity = 'verbose'

This is probably not needed, and there is a finite chance that the extra context is confusing pgbadger.

I tried to change it, but in my case no difference.

Cheers,
Frank