Search Postgresql Archives

Fwd: Getting error while upgrading

On Sat, Mar 9, 2024 at 12:18 PM omkar narkar <narkaromkar119@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Team,

I am trying to upgrade my edb 10.5 community version to postgres 15.6 version and while doing this i am getting error regarding OIDS are not stable across Postgresql version (sys.callback_queue_table.user_data).   Kindly help me to get the solution of this issue.

Thanks and regards,
Omkar Narkar

Usually get this error if there are composite data types or data types that cannot be translated between 10.5 and 15.6.
The clue may be in the error message just before it says 'OIDS are not stable across Postgresql version'
You state edb 10.5 community guessing you are using pg_upgrade and going from windows to linux ? I am impressed if you can do that, would you not end up with collation issues?
If you are using pg_upgrade what does pg_upgrade --check say
I would dump the schema to a sql file
pg_dump -s >dumped.sql
Then run the sql one command at a time to track down where you are going to have a problem.