Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows service randomly stops with no indication why

On 3/8/24 06:17, Jay Madren wrote:
Running PostgreSQL 15.6 on Windows Server 2022. The database service randomly just stops and the Windows Service auto-restart options don't kick in. The stop is unexpected (not a controlled shut down) because after restarting the service the postgresql log states that the database system was interrupted, not properly shut down, and automatic recovery in progress. There's nothing to indicate exactly when it went down, other than the timestamp of the last log entry before restarting it.

I see this sort of thing on Windows I immediately suspect Anti-Virus software. Verify whether you have AV software running and if it is that it is scanning the Postgres files.

There's also nothing I could find in the Windows Event Logs other than when the service is started each time.

This is occurring at random times, day or night, around 0 to 2 times each day.

Any clue as to what's happening or how to investigate this further?

Thanks,
Jay

--
Adrian Klaver