Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Unable to get PostgreSQL 15 with Kerberos (GSS) working

Greetings,

* Matthew Dennison (mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I have subsequence discovered that the psql command running from remote Windows (server/client) and RHEL8 works as expected using GSS.  PGAdmin4 also works via Kerberos (was on my list of things to get working).  It's just locally on the server psql will not work to postgresql running on the same server.
>
> I really don't get it, but have decided I can live without it working on the server.

Perhaps I wasn't clear- it's not going to work if you do:

psql -h localhost

Instead, try doing:

psql -h hostname.mydomain.net -U postgres -d postgres

Basically, Kerberos isn't really set up to work when the host you're
connecting to is named 'localhost' because the name of the host is how
you figure out what ticket to acquire from the KDC.

Thanks,

Stephen