Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Orphan files filling root partition after crash

Hi Dimitrios,
Do you have wal archiving enabled?
$PGDATA/pg_wal/ is a bit different from tablespaces (including
"default" one). It stores transaction journal.
Instructions are here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL
Some more info here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/wal-intro.html and here