Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pPL/pgSQL restriction on characters for copying types?

On 2/26/24 08:53, Thiemo Kellner wrote:
Thanks for the hint and care. The install script has a set statement already and I now added the search_path clause to no avail. Please find the entire code attached and a screenshot from the error.

I quick test:

create table type_test(NODE_TYPE⠒NAME text);

 \d type_test
                Table "public.type_test"
     Column     | Type | Collation | Nullable | Default
----------------+------+-----------+----------+---------
 node_type⠒name | text |           |

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.type_test_fnc()
 RETURNS void
 LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $function$
DECLARE
    type_name  type_test.node_type⠒name%TYPE :=NULL;
BEGIN
    RAISE NOTICE 'TEST';
END;

$function$

select type_test_fnc();
NOTICE:  TEST
 type_test_fnc

Shows that it is not the name itself that is the problem, at least in my case. I'm going to say it as Tom Lane said, there is a search_path issue. I tried to follow all the set search_path calls in your code and got lost as to where that ended up. I would try a simple test case, using psql, like above to verify that it is not the name in your case either. Assuming that works then you will need to track down what the actual search_path is when you run the function.