Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Local replication "slot does not exist" after initial sync

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 1:11 PM Mike Lissner <mlissner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, two more little things here. The publisher logs add much, but here's what we see:

STATEMENT: START_REPLICATION SLOT "pg_20031_sync_17418_7324846428853951375" LOGICAL F1D0/346C6508 (proto_version '2', publication_names '"compass_publication2"')
ERROR: replication slot "pg_20031_sync_17402_7324846428853951375" does not exist

And I thought that maybe there'd be some magic in the REFRESH command on the subscriber, so I tried that:

alter subscription xyz refresh publication;

To nobody's surprise, that didn't help. :)