Search Postgresql Archives

Re: DETAIL: Could not open file "pg_xact/0EEA": No such file or directory

On 2/19/24 11:36, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:

Reply to list also.
Cc'ing  list.

Sorry  Adrian,

This is occurring at every checkpoint. This actually has to do with Listen/Notify.
It is not really linked to the upgrade per say.

I would say it is.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/storage-file-layout.html

pg_xact 	Subdirectory containing transaction commit status data

I'm guessing what ever process you used to upgrade did not transfer all the files. Or you have some ongoing process that is removing the files prematurely.

  However, This is occurring in clusters that I recently upgraded to 14.

Which contradicts, "It is not really linked to the upgrade per say.".

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 12:17 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 2/19/24 08:59, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:
     > Hello,
     >
     > Please, I need help in resolving this issue.  I recently upgraded to
> postgresql and have experienced the above error with 2 clusters already.
     >
     > I keep losing data in the pg_exact directory.

    We have been down this rabbit hole multiple times with your upgrading
    procedures. By now you should know that the above does not qualify as
    close to being a sufficient problem report. Respond with a complete
    explanation of your setup and the commands run that got you into this
    situation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx