Hey,
Yes, it is.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-ARCHIVE-MODE

czw., 8 lut 2024 o 21:35 Alpaslan AKDAĞ <alpaslanakdag@xxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
Hello Mateusz

Thank you for your answer.

If it is like that, there is not any problem. I tried to find an explanation that hot standby archive wal files or not but I couldn't.
Is this information  from the Documentation?

Best Regards,
Alpaslan

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 9:24 PM Mateusz Henicz <mateuszhenicz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

czw., 8 lut 2024 o 21:10 Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 09:23 +0100, Alpaslan AKDAĞ wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I have checked the pg_is_in_recovery() and here are the results
> from primary and hot stand by server.
>
> Primary (old standby ):
> select pg_is_in_recovery();
>  pg_is_in_recovery
> -------------------
> (1 row)
>
> hot standby(old primary):
> select pg_is_in_recovery();
>  pg_is_in_recovery
> -------------------
> (1 row)
> and there is also standby.signal file in standby server.
> So it seems that there is nothing wrong.
>
> recovery_min_apply_delay = '2d' are set in warm standby servers.
> Before the switchover we had the same settings but we did not have this problem.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that you never actually performed
a switchover: it seems that you didn't promote the standby.

Either use

  pg_ctl promote -D /path/to/datadir

on the command line or

  SELECT pg_promote();

in SQL.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

From what you sent:

"After switchover since 01.02.2024 hot standby server does not archive wal files. I couldn't find the problem."
Hot standby normally does not archive WAL files. Only the primary server does that unless you have archive_mode set to "always" but your configuration shows that you have it "on" only.

"related postgresql.conf lines:
archive_mode = on "

Cheers,
Mateusz