Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Exclude certain application pgaudit logging?

On 2/6/24 10:18 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

On 2/6/24 10:11 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
Currently, we use Object audit logging to capture all READ access to columns FOO_1, FOO_2 and FOO_3 in table BAR.SCRABBLE.  (They are the three columns have PII data.)

Using what audit software?

Memo to self, read subject line.

The problem is that the application legitimately reads these columns thousands of times per day.  Thus, the log fills up with meaningless data that swamps any legitimate invalid accesses.

How do you know they are legitimate  requests?

Thus, I'd like to exclude reads from "Postgresql JDBC Driver". (Currently, I filter that out using "grep -v" in a shell script that runs hourly from cron, but I find that unsatisfactory.)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx