Search Postgresql Archives

Write Logical Replication Spill Files to different volume

Hello!

If I understand it right, the logical replication .spill files in the pg_replslot subfolders are temporary files that need not survive server crashes (as on postgresql restart the WAL senders will delete old spill files, start again reading WAL and regenerate the spill files if necessary).

For big transactions with plenty of replication slots, the spill files may consume plenty of disk space. I think it would be useful to have the spill files on a different disk, ie the "normal" database files and the pg_replslot status file are on a high available volume (DRBD, shared storage ...) whereas the spill files are only on local disks.

Is this already possible? If not, are there reasons why that should not be done?

thanks
Klaus