Search Postgresql Archives

Seeking help extricating data from Amazon RDS Aurora/Postgres

We are attempting to extract one of our database from Amazon RDS Aurora/Postgres to another PostgreSQL cluster that is running directly on EC2 instances.

This particular database is currently about 3.5TB.

We are sensitive to this database being down for an extended period of time as it will adversely impact some subsystems within our application.  We're hoping to find a means to migrate within a 4 hour window.

We've tried multiple approaches:

The ideal situation would be to have a streaming replica from Amazon RDS, but you can only create a replica that is hosted by AWS, and have no access to the WAL logs...

Wondering if any of the other members of this LISTSERV have tried migrating their data off of Amazon RDS Aurora Postgres with success.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Bill