Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Scriptable way to validate a pg_dump restore ?

On 1/29/24 09:28, Shaheed Haque wrote:

Right, for me, state, not just record count is what I'm interested in (for the initial full table copy part of replication). So, given the explanation about the possible per-table window, is there some property of the table that could be used to confirm that a table has made it across?

I guess there is such a thing since the following incremental syncing would presumably need it. I had hoped the LSN was this thing, but confirmation would be great.

The OP was referring to the pg_dump/pg_restore cycle, you seem to be referring to logical replication. Is that correct?

Thanks, Shaheed

     > Thanks !
     >
     > Laura

-- Adrian Klaver