Search Postgresql Archives

Re: After the last update

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 2:33 PM Arbol One <ArbolOne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am working on an application using NB-20,
PG-psql (16.1 (Debian 16.1-1.pgdg120+1), server 15.5 (Debian
15.5-1.pgdg120+1)),
postgresql-42.7.0.jar.
openjdk 17.0.9 2023-10-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.9+9-Debian-1deb12u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.9+9-Debian-1deb12u1, mixed mode,
sharing)
and, yes... Debian 12.

For some reason NB is not longer able to interact with PG since the last
PG package update from Debian.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, or is it just me; I wonder.

The question is, how can I tackle this issue.

If you want good help you need to be much more specific and detailed in the information you provide.  Beyond that, debugging is a skill that basically boils down to trying things, figuring out where the problem originates.  Usually with the help of error messages.  Does psql work?  Is the server even running?  I do wonder whether the fact your psql is reporting v16 but the server is v15 is a meaningful symptom.  Again, finding the error message usually is the most useful first step.  Otherwise you need to be extra wordy in describing exactly what you are doing and seeing that you believe is a problem. "not longer able to interact" is an insufficient description.

I've not yet seen anyone else complain of issues on these mailing lists; though if the problem is with NetBeans and v16 maybe they report them to a more appropriate NB oriented place?

David J.