Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgAdmin 8.1 install

On 1/10/24 12:20, David Barron wrote:

Note that v6 and v7 are in subdirectories but v8 is not.  If you have an existing shortcut that you are using, then perhaps it is pointed to the v7 directory and needs to be updated to point to the directory that v8 is installed in.  That would also explain why you had no problems with minor updates of v7 but are seeing this after moving to v8.

Craig

Good thinking but no.  All I have in D:\Users\dbarron-aas\AppData\Local\Programs\pgAdmin 4 is the v7 directory.

I downloaded and installed pgAdmin 8.1 and it shows up as such when I run it.

Look in:

D:\Users\dbarron-aas\AppData\Local\Programs\pgAdmin 4\runtime

for

pgAdmin4

Then double click on that. I'm guessing it will be 8.1.

Per Craig's comment I'm betting that the icon/shortcut you are clicking on currently is pointing back at the 7.x version.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx