Search Postgresql Archives

Intermittent Issue with WAL Segment Removal in Logical Replication

Dear PostgreSQL Community,

I am seeking guidance regarding a recurring issue we've encountered with WAL segment removal during logical replication using pgoutput plugin. We sporadically encounter an error indicating that a requested WAL segment has already been removed. This issue arises intermittently when executing START_REPLICATION. An example error message is as follows:

requested WAL segment 000000010000146000000AE has already been removed

Please note that this error is not specific to the segment mentioned above; it serves as an example of the type of error we are experiencing.

Additional Context:

Our approach involves starting with START_REPLICATION 0, replicating data in batches, and then restarting at the last LSN of the previous batch. We are trying to understand the root cause behind the intermittent removal of WAL segments during logical replication. Specifically, we are looking for insights into:

Related Posts

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Thanks,

Kaushik Iska