Search Postgresql Archives

Re: table name restiction

>   I looked at the docs in the tutorial part in the beginning and in the
> description of CREATE TABLE but could not find naming restriction info.
>   Could someone point me in the right direction?

Try section 4.1.1:  Identifiers and Key Words.

In general PostgreSQL's SQL syntax is case-insensitive,
ie, col_name and COL_NAME reference the same column.

However, the default for data comparisons is case-sensitive,
so a value of 'Abc' does not match 'ABC'.  There are some case-insensitive
operators, such as ilike, an extension to the SQL standard.

The issue of case-sensitivity either at the syntax level or the data
level seems to be one that brings out nearly religous ferver when 'discussed'.
--
Mike Nolan