Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Inquiry Regarding Initial Seed for pgsql Protocol Fuzz Testing

On 11/22/23 22:56, Cherry Pang wrote:
hello!
I am a novice enthusiast in the field of fuzz testing and have an interest in conducting fuzz testing for the SQLite protocol. I understand that testing the logic bugs or crash bugs in Data Manipulation Language (DML) functionalities differs significantly, and as such, I am unsure about the initial seed format required.

1) FYI, this is the list for Postgres not SQLite.

2) I don't know anything about fuzzy testing, but for those that do it might be helpful to mention what tools you are using.

From my understanding, the seed for protocol testing refers to queries or commands sent to the database server. How does this differ from seeds used in regular logic testing? I would greatly appreciate it if you could shed some light on the format of the initial seed for this purpose. If possible, providing a few seed examples would be immensely helpful.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx