Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Conditional compilation

Thanks for pointing out. The only use case of conditional compilation, I can think of, is, that one can have arbitrary logging code in some environments without performance penalty in others, e.g. log as hell in dev, no logging at all in prod without the "function" having to execute checks for every and each logging statement put (as the check has been done on installation already).

begin
    do_something;
    $if check_if_env_is_dev $then
        do_some_logging;