Search Postgresql Archives

Re: No longer available installer for greater version then PostgreSQL 10

On 11/8/23 09:04, Shashikanth Bhardwaj wrote:
Hi Team,

I am facing some problem because of unavailability of PostgreSQL installer greater then 10 version of PostgreSQL in my case I need postgreSQL-14.0 version installer but unfortunately now not available.

Why we used the PostgreSQL -10 version to install the PostgreSQL with the installer :

 1. Easy to install
 2. Installed offline without any dependency
 3. Easy to configure the installation directory
 4. Less time taken to install

Why its been stopped provide the installer for the Linux and available for other operating systems ?

Per my answer here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/33987a81-16ca-45f7-a18c-5e2ae6403449%40aklaver.com

"Or are you referring to?:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

In that case the page has this to say:

*Note: EDB no longer provides Linux installers for PostgreSQL 11 and
later versions, and users are encouraged to use the platform-native
packages*
"

This is something you will need to take up with EDB as they are maintaining that particular installer.

If it is no longer available then which will be the best option to install the postgres with above mentioned points ?

Can I create the installer for the PostgreSQL-14.0 version ?

Or can I get similar like installer for 14.0 of PostgreSQL ?

Regards,

Shashikanth

--
Adrian Klaver