Search Postgresql Archives

Local postgres manual

Hi all:

Does Postgres come with a local, full version of the manual installed
by default anywhere (i.e. akin to what is available on the website, but
in man, info, or plain-text format)? When I invoke `man postgres`, I do
get a very useful - but limited - manual page, which has references to chapters. For example:

OPTIONS
       postgres accepts the following command-line arguments. For a
       detailed discussion of the options consult Chapter 20. ...

Of course, I can pull up a browser and find the manual, or consult a
local PDF if I have a graphical display. But sometimes it may be convenient to view the the manual for the version of Postgres that is on the system, right there. Does one exist?

--
Ben Hancock