Search Postgresql Archives

Re: need SQL logic to find out way's to Implement check sum to validate table data is migrated correctly

On 10/27/23 03:56, Y_esteembsv-forum wrote:
Hi
Need SQL logic/different approach method's  to find out way's
a) to Implement check sum to validate table data is migrated correctly

When migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL, on both the Oracle side and the Postgresql side, I dumped each table (for the big ones, I split them into views) as a tab-separated value file ordered by the primary key and piped that into md5sum.

Had to play a few games with capitalization in blob/bytea columns

That way, I could verify that each table's data was identical.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.