Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 10:59 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2023-10-13 at 13:55 +0000, felix.quintgz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> For the same reason that you can use python or perl in postgresql. It's just another language.
> I have .net code running on several sql servers and to change the database to postgresql I have to reprogram them.

Yes, you'll have to rewrite them.

Or pick up the pldotnet handler and patch it to work on the new version.  My experience forward porting such things is that it is usually trivial.

Of course there may be other reasons to rewrite but it really depends on a lot of factors.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more