Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Right version of jdbc

Am 30.09.23 um 08:33 schrieb Raivo Rebane:
Hi,
sometimes I am lucky and don't get the old error, but sometime not.

I tried to use PreparedStatement, but I got error -
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Can't use query methods that take a
query string on a PreparedStatement.
         at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PgPreparedStatement.java:145)
         at MushroomAPIs.Clean.deleteAllRecordsFromTable(Clean.java:34)
  and java code is -

String deleteQuery = "DELETE FROM " + tableNam

System.out.println(deleteQuery);

PreparedStatement statement = connection.prepareStatement(deleteQuery);
if your statement is already prepared with query, use statement.exequte(); or statement.executeQuery() without querystring; if you have a new statement without query, use execute and such with query string.

May be it's easy for me to use normal statement ?

Raivo