Search Postgresql Archives

Database selection

Hello All,

I see multiple docs on the internet, stating the difference between Mysql and postgres. But I want to understand the real views of the experienced folks here.

While we are on AWS and planning to opt for one of the relational databases out of mysql and postgres for our application(It is a Hybrid type, mostly dealing with batch processing but also supporting OLTP type UI screens etc. and ACID transactions preferred).

What all things/parameters should we keep in mind here for opting a database? or in other words how to evaluate the suitable database for our application?

Regards
Veem