From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 14 September 2023 16:25
To: SMITH Matt <Matt.SMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Re: Help with PostgreSQL Upgrade

On 9/14/23 03:50, SMITH Matt wrote:
> Classified as: {OPEN}
>

> Hi,
>
> We currently have a database hosted in pg 13.1 (with PostGIS 3.1.1)
> and we are keen to move to pg 15.3 (with PostGIS 3.3.3) all running on
> Windows 10.
>
> I installed pg15 without issue. The pgAdmin 4 utility (bundled with
> postgres 15) connects okay.
>

> Our apps and services seem happy with the new pg15 database.
>
> However, using the pg_upgrade.exe utility to migrate our db has
> resulted in some sort of issue whereby pgAdmin (the version bundled
> with 15) will no longer access our server.
>

> 2023-09-12 15:04:12,182: ERROR    pgadmin:    Exception when checking
> for update

This seems to an internal pgAdmin4 issue with what looks to be it's internal update check trying to call home. Is there a firewall that prevents that on your network?

You might have more luck with getting a complete answer on the pgAdmin-support list:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thales UK Limited. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: 350 Longwater Avenue, Green Park, Reading, Berks RG2 6GF. Registered Number: 868273

Please consider the environment before printing a hard copy of this e-mail.