Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Only getting few records inserted from millions

On 07/09/2023 19:14 CEST Anthony Apollis <anthony.apollis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem is that I am only getting 19 rows inserted into my destination
> table. My source has over 5 million rows. What am I doing wrong?

Few ideas:

* Column dim."IMETA_Entity_Mapping"."Entity_Secondary_Key" allows NULL but the
  join condition in your SELECT does not account for that.  That may be the
  reason you get less rows than expected.  The columns of the other join
  conditions are all NOT NULL as far as I can tell.

* Index corruption is also one possibility.

* Are there BEFORE triggers on the destination table that may prevent the INSERT
  of most rows (assuming that the SELECT returns the expected rows)?

--
Erik