Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgreSQL UPPER Method is converting the character "µ" into "M"

Sai Teja <saitejasaichintalapudi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I am using UPPER document name for converting the text from lower case into
> upper case.
> But here for the below example
> Command:- select UPPER(testµ)
> Input :- testµ
> Output:- TESTM
> Expected output :-  TESTµ

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet
the upper-case form of µ (mu) is in fact M, so I'm not sure
what problem you have with this.  But in any case, you are
complaining in the wrong place.  This conversion is determined
by the rules of the selected locale.  If you don't like it,
choose another locale, or make your own, or try to persuade
the glibc maintainers that they are wrong.

			regards, tom lane