Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Why doesn't autovacuum/analyze run in due time after calling pg_stat_reset?

On 8/21/23 20:50, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 8/21/23 09:31, Rihad wrote:
On 8/21/23 20:17, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 8/21/23 09:09, Rihad wrote:
On 8/21/23 20:00, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Sorry, they are all as per default, commented out in the config.

There are no long running queries, otherwise they wouldn't be vacuumed/analyzed in due time after running first manual analyze, which updates n_live_tup to match reltuples.

My only remaining suggestion is to closely monitor the Postgres log and see if provides a clue.

I'm awfully sorry, I read the autovacuum manual carefully, it isn't n_live_tup, but reltuples that is taken into account during the calculation.

vacuum threshold = vacuum base threshold + vacuum scale factor * number of tuples

where the vacuum base threshold is autovacuum_vacuum_threshold, the vacuum scale factor is autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor, and the number of tuples is pg_class.reltuples.

Your first suggestion was to RTFM.