Search Postgresql Archives

Re: A Good Beginner's Book

> On 8/12/23 9:02 a.m., Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
>
> Is there a book to be recommended for PostgreSQL beginners?

If you are new to relational databases and SQL in general, I recommend
the basics of SQL (not Postgres-specific) to start off. The SQL Murder
Mystery is a good first experience.

https://mystery.knightlab.com/

If you are not an SQL beginner but looking more for Postgres-specific
knowledge, it depends on what area you're looking for: administration,
performance, customization, etc. Here is the list provided from the
Postgres web site with a range of areas and experience level for
study. Some can be downloaded for free while others would be
purchased.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/

I myself started with "PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts" many
years ago and loved it. It's pretty long in the tooth now (20+ years
old?!), but still good for SQL beginners in general and available free
online. (Thanks again, Bruce Momjian!)

The first one on the web page looks pretty good for SQL beginners too.
"POSTGRES: The First Experience"

Best wishes on your journey!