Search Postgresql Archives

How to set default privilege for new users to have no access to other databases?

I have a lab with a database that I would like to use as a "multi-tenant" database, in that I would like to create a database for each of the applications that I'm running and segregate access so that user foo and user bar cannot see anything about their neighbors. I'm somewhat surprised to discover that any new user, by default, has the ability to list databases, connect to them, and list their tables.

My understanding is that this ability is inherited from the public role (could use confirmation of this)? I can think of two potential options, one being more desirable:

Is this not something to be concerned about because even if a user connects to a database, they can't really do anything inside of it?