Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Upgrading

On 7/30/23 19:22, Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
Thank you Ron and Peter for taking the time to respond to my call for help.

In summery, I'd like to use PostgreSQL-15.

However, since my Debian 12 already has already PostgreSQL-15 installed, did I inadvertently overwrote PostgreSQL-15 when I installed PostgreSQL-12? If so, how do I remove PostgreSQL-12 and continue on with PostgreSQL-15.

Short answer

1) No you just created a new cluster. See result of:

pg_lsclusters

2) This assumes you don't have any valuable data in cluster. To remove first confirm cluster name below(main) with above command then:

pg_dropcluster 12 main

Longer answer read:

https://wiki.debian.org/PostgreSql

and for more in depth explanation two blogs I recently posted:

https://aklaver.org/wordpress/2023/06/29/postgres-debian-ubuntu-packagingpart-1/

https://aklaver.org/wordpress/2023/07/01/postgres-debian-ubuntu-packagingpart-2/

Please note that I installed using the following command

/*sudo apt-get -y install postgresql-12*/

Thanks in advance.