Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query on Primary_conninfo

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 05:33:50PM +0530, Praneel Devisetty wrote:
> Standy is not picking this change even after a reload.
>
> Restarting standby is working out, but as PG13 supports reload of
> primary_connfino is there a reliable way to achieve this without restarting
> standby database.

primary_conninfo should be able to switch dynamically the upstream
server it streams WAL from on a reload.  I've quickly checked with a
simple configuration and I was able to get it done without a restart
here.  Perhaps you have found a bug, but it's hard to say without
having more details about what's happening.  For example, what do the
logs of the standby tell you?  Are you sure that the reload was done
on the correct node?  Did you check with a SHOW command that the new
value is reflected on your standby to what you want it to be?
--
Michael