Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [Beginner Question]Is there way to test the postgres's kernel function?

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 5:43 PM Wen Yi <wen-yi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi community,
> I am learning the kernel of the postgres, and I want to test the make_relative_path function to know what it's operational principle.(I can read it's code, and I want to actually run it)
> But I really don't know how to do it, wrtite a extension?
>
> Can someone give me some advice?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Yours,
> Wen Yi.

create a c file, copy c.h  include line to new c file. add an empty
main function. then gcc -Wextra your_c_absolute_path
then all kinds of errors will happen in the terminal.
found out why. either delete the line or figure out why error.

Finally, no errors happen. then experiment in the empty main function.
The following example only makes sure no error when gcc -Wextra.

/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------

gcc -Wextra /home/jian/.config/Code/User/globalStorage/buenon.scratchpads/scratchpads/47a6066b9dfaca1c2b13ea2e99f4e929/scratch1.c

*/

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stddef.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <stdbool.h>
#ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
#include <strings.h>
#endif
#include <stdint.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <errno.h>
#if defined(WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
#include <fcntl.h> /* ensure O_BINARY is available */
#endif
#include <locale.h>
#ifdef ENABLE_NLS
#include <libintl.h>
#endif
#include <assert.h>

#include <ctype.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#ifdef WIN32
#ifdef _WIN32_IE
#undef _WIN32_IE
#endif
#define _WIN32_IE 0x0500
#ifdef near
#undef near
#endif
#define near
#include <shlobj.h>
#else
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

// #include "pg_config_paths.h"
#define MAXPGPATH 1024
#define IS_DIR_SEP(ch) IS_NONWINDOWS_DIR_SEP(ch)

#define IS_NONWINDOWS_DIR_SEP(ch) ((ch) == '/')

#ifndef WIN32
#define IS_PATH_VAR_SEP(ch) ((ch) == ':')
#else
#define IS_PATH_VAR_SEP(ch) ((ch) == ';')
#endif

#define StaticAssertDecl(condition, errmessage) \
_Static_assert(condition, errmessage)
#define StaticAssertStmt(condition, errmessage) \
do { _Static_assert(condition, errmessage); } while(0)
#define StaticAssertExpr(condition, errmessage) \
((void) ({ StaticAssertStmt(condition, errmessage); true; }))
#define  HAVE__BUILTIN_TYPES_COMPATIBLE_P 1

#if defined(HAVE__BUILTIN_TYPES_COMPATIBLE_P)
#define unconstify(underlying_type, expr) \
(StaticAssertExpr(__builtin_types_compatible_p(__typeof(expr), const
underlying_type), \
  "wrong cast"), \
(underlying_type) (expr))
#endif

static void make_relative_path(char *ret_path, const char *target_path,
   const char *bin_path, const char *my_exec_path);
static char *trim_directory(char *path);
static void trim_trailing_separator(char *path);
static char *append_subdir_to_path(char *path, char *subdir);

char *
first_dir_separator(const char *filename);

/*
 * Copy src to string dst of size siz.  At most siz-1 characters
 * will be copied.  Always NUL terminates (unless siz == 0).
 * Returns strlen(src); if retval >= siz, truncation occurred.
 * Function creation history:  http://www.gratisoft.us/todd/papers/strlcpy.html
 */
size_t
strlcpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t siz)
{
char    *d = dst;
const char *s = src;
size_t n = siz;

/* Copy as many bytes as will fit */
if (n != 0)
{
while (--n != 0)
{
if ((*d++ = *s++) == '\0')
break;
}
}

/* Not enough room in dst, add NUL and traverse rest of src */
if (n == 0)
{
if (siz != 0)
*d = '\0'; /* NUL-terminate dst */
while (*s++)
;
}

return (s - src - 1); /* count does not include NUL */
}

/*
 * skip_drive
 *
 * On Windows, a path may begin with "C:" or "//network/".  Advance over
 * this and point to the effective start of the path.
 */
#ifdef WIN32

static char *
skip_drive(const char *path)
{
if (IS_DIR_SEP(path[0]) && IS_DIR_SEP(path[1]))
{
path += 2;
while (*path && !IS_DIR_SEP(*path))
path++;
}
else if (isalpha((unsigned char) path[0]) && path[1] == ':')
{
path += 2;
}
return (char *) path;
}
#else

#define skip_drive(path) (path)
#endif

/*
 * has_drive_prefix
 *
 * Return true if the given pathname has a drive prefix.
 */
bool
has_drive_prefix(const char *path)
{
#ifdef WIN32
return skip_drive(path) != path;
#else
return false;
#endif
}

/*
 * first_dir_separator
 *
 * Find the location of the first directory separator, return
 * NULL if not found.
 */
char *
first_dir_separator(const char *filename)
{
const char *p;

for (p = skip_drive(filename); *p; p++)
if (IS_DIR_SEP(*p))
return unconstify(char *, p);
return NULL;
}

/*
 * first_path_var_separator
 *
 * Find the location of the first path separator (i.e. ':' on
 * Unix, ';' on Windows), return NULL if not found.
 */
char *
first_path_var_separator(const char *pathlist)
{
const char *p;

/* skip_drive is not needed */
for (p = pathlist; *p; p++)
if (IS_PATH_VAR_SEP(*p))
return unconstify(char *, p);
return NULL;
}

/*
 * last_dir_separator
 *
 * Find the location of the last directory separator, return
 * NULL if not found.
 */
char *
last_dir_separator(const char *filename)
{
const char *p,
   *ret = NULL;

for (p = skip_drive(filename); *p; p++)
if (IS_DIR_SEP(*p))
ret = p;
return unconstify(char *, ret);
}

/*
 * make_native_path - on WIN32, change / to \ in the path
 *
 * This effectively undoes canonicalize_path.
 *
 * This is required because WIN32 COPY is an internal CMD.EXE
 * command and doesn't process forward slashes in the same way
 * as external commands.  Quoting the first argument to COPY
 * does not convert forward to backward slashes, but COPY does
 * properly process quoted forward slashes in the second argument.
 *
 * COPY works with quoted forward slashes in the first argument
 * only if the current directory is the same as the directory
 * of the first argument.
 */
void
make_native_path(char *filename)
{
#ifdef WIN32
char    *p;

for (p = filename; *p; p++)
if (*p == '/')
*p = '\\';
#endif
}

/*
 * This function cleans up the paths for use with either cmd.exe or Msys
 * on Windows. We need them to use filenames without spaces, for which a
 * short filename is the safest equivalent, eg:
 * C:/Progra~1/
 */
void
cleanup_path(char *path)
{
#ifdef WIN32
char    *ptr;

/*
* GetShortPathName() will fail if the path does not exist, or short names
* are disabled on this file system.  In both cases, we just return the
* original path.  This is particularly useful for --sysconfdir, which
* might not exist.
*/
GetShortPathName(path, path, MAXPGPATH - 1);

/* Replace '\' with '/' */
for (ptr = path; *ptr; ptr++)
{
if (*ptr == '\\')
*ptr = '/';
}
#endif
}

/*
 * join_path_components - join two path components, inserting a slash
 *
 * We omit the slash if either given component is empty.
 *
 * ret_path is the output area (must be of size MAXPGPATH)
 *
 * ret_path can be the same as head, but not the same as tail.
 */
void
join_path_components(char *ret_path,
const char *head, const char *tail)
{
if (ret_path != head)
strlcpy(ret_path, head, MAXPGPATH);

/*
* We used to try to simplify some cases involving "." and "..", but now
* we just leave that to be done by canonicalize_path() later.
*/

if (*tail)
{
/* only separate with slash if head wasn't empty */
snprintf(ret_path + strlen(ret_path), MAXPGPATH - strlen(ret_path),
"%s%s",
(*(skip_drive(head)) != '\0') ? "/" : "",
tail);
}
}

/* State-machine states for canonicalize_path */
typedef enum
{
ABSOLUTE_PATH_INIT, /* Just past the leading '/' (and Windows
* drive name if any) of an absolute path */
ABSOLUTE_WITH_N_DEPTH, /* We collected 'pathdepth' directories in an
* absolute path */
RELATIVE_PATH_INIT, /* At start of a relative path */
RELATIVE_WITH_N_DEPTH, /* We collected 'pathdepth' directories in a
* relative path */
RELATIVE_WITH_PARENT_REF /* Relative path containing only double-dots */
} canonicalize_state;

/*
 * Clean up path by:
 * o  make Win32 path use Unix slashes
 * o  remove trailing quote on Win32
 * o  remove trailing slash
 * o  remove duplicate (adjacent) separators
 * o  remove '.' (unless path reduces to only '.')
 * o  process '..' ourselves, removing it if possible
 */
void
canonicalize_path(char *path)
{
char    *p,
   *to_p;
char    *spath;
char    *parsed;
char    *unparse;
bool was_sep = false;
canonicalize_state state;
int pathdepth = 0; /* counts collected regular directory names */

#ifdef WIN32

/*
* The Windows command processor will accept suitably quoted paths with
* forward slashes, but barfs badly with mixed forward and back slashes.
*/
for (p = path; *p; p++)
{
if (*p == '\\')
*p = '/';
}

/*
* In Win32, if you do: prog.exe "a b" "\c\d\" the system will pass \c\d"
* as argv[2], so trim off trailing quote.
*/
if (p > path && *(p - 1) == '"')
*(p - 1) = '/';
#endif

/*
* Removing the trailing slash on a path means we never get ugly double
* trailing slashes. Also, Win32 can't stat() a directory with a trailing
* slash. Don't remove a leading slash, though.
*/
trim_trailing_separator(path);

/*
* Remove duplicate adjacent separators
*/
p = path;
#ifdef WIN32
/* Don't remove leading double-slash on Win32 */
if (*p)
p++;
#endif
to_p = p;
for (; *p; p++, to_p++)
{
/* Handle many adjacent slashes, like "/a///b" */
while (*p == '/' && was_sep)
p++;
if (to_p != p)
*to_p = *p;
was_sep = (*p == '/');
}
*to_p = '\0';

/*
* Remove any uses of "." and process ".." ourselves
*
* Note that "/../.." should reduce to just "/", while "../.." has to be
* kept as-is.  Also note that we want a Windows drive spec to be visible
* to trim_directory(), but it's not part of the logic that's looking at
* the name components; hence distinction between path and spath.
*
* This loop overwrites the path in-place.  This is safe since we'll never
* make the path longer.  "unparse" points to where we are reading the
* path, "parse" to where we are writing.
*/
spath = skip_drive(path);
if (*spath == '\0')
return; /* empty path is returned as-is */

if (*spath == '/')
{
state = ABSOLUTE_PATH_INIT;
/* Skip the leading slash for absolute path */
parsed = unparse = (spath + 1);
}
else
{
state = RELATIVE_PATH_INIT;
parsed = unparse = spath;
}

while (*unparse != '\0')
{
char    *unparse_next;
bool is_double_dot;

/* Split off this dir name, and set unparse_next to the next one */
unparse_next = unparse;
while (*unparse_next && *unparse_next != '/')
unparse_next++;
if (*unparse_next != '\0')
*unparse_next++ = '\0';

/* Identify type of this dir name */
if (strcmp(unparse, ".") == 0)
{
/* We can ignore "." components in all cases */
unparse = unparse_next;
continue;
}

if (strcmp(unparse, "..") == 0)
is_double_dot = true;
else
{
/* adjacent separators were eliminated above */
assert(*unparse != '\0');
is_double_dot = false;
}

switch (state)
{
case ABSOLUTE_PATH_INIT:
/* We can ignore ".." immediately after / */
if (!is_double_dot)
{
/* Append first dir name (we already have leading slash) */
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);
state = ABSOLUTE_WITH_N_DEPTH;
pathdepth++;
}
break;
case ABSOLUTE_WITH_N_DEPTH:
if (is_double_dot)
{
/* Remove last parsed dir */
/* (trim_directory won't remove the leading slash) */
*parsed = '\0';
parsed = trim_directory(path);
if (--pathdepth == 0)
state = ABSOLUTE_PATH_INIT;
}
else
{
/* Append normal dir */
*parsed++ = '/';
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);
pathdepth++;
}
break;
case RELATIVE_PATH_INIT:
if (is_double_dot)
{
/* Append irreducible double-dot (..) */
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);
state = RELATIVE_WITH_PARENT_REF;
}
else
{
/* Append normal dir */
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);
state = RELATIVE_WITH_N_DEPTH;
pathdepth++;
}
break;
case RELATIVE_WITH_N_DEPTH:
if (is_double_dot)
{
/* Remove last parsed dir */
*parsed = '\0';
parsed = trim_directory(path);
if (--pathdepth == 0)
{
/*
* If the output path is now empty, we're back to the
* INIT state.  However, we could have processed a
* path like "../dir/.." and now be down to "..", in
* which case enter the correct state for that.
*/
if (parsed == spath)
state = RELATIVE_PATH_INIT;
else
state = RELATIVE_WITH_PARENT_REF;
}
}
else
{
/* Append normal dir */
*parsed++ = '/';
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);
pathdepth++;
}
break;
case RELATIVE_WITH_PARENT_REF:
if (is_double_dot)
{
/* Append next irreducible double-dot (..) */
*parsed++ = '/';
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);
}
else
{
/* Append normal dir */
*parsed++ = '/';
parsed = append_subdir_to_path(parsed, unparse);

/*
* We can now start counting normal dirs.  But if later
* double-dots make us remove this dir again, we'd better
* revert to RELATIVE_WITH_PARENT_REF not INIT state.
*/
state = RELATIVE_WITH_N_DEPTH;
pathdepth = 1;
}
break;
}

unparse = unparse_next;
}

/*
* If our output path is empty at this point, insert ".".  We don't want
* to do this any earlier because it'd result in an extra dot in corner
* cases such as "../dir/..".  Since we rejected the wholly-empty-path
* case above, there is certainly room.
*/
if (parsed == spath)
*parsed++ = '.';

/* And finally, ensure the output path is nul-terminated. */
*parsed = '\0';
}

/*
 * Detect whether a path contains any parent-directory references ("..")
 *
 * The input *must* have been put through canonicalize_path previously.
 */
bool
path_contains_parent_reference(const char *path)
{
/*
* Once canonicalized, an absolute path cannot contain any ".." at all,
* while a relative path could contain ".."(s) only at the start.  So it
* is sufficient to check the start of the path, after skipping any
* Windows drive/network specifier.
*/
path = skip_drive(path); /* C: shouldn't affect our conclusion */

if (path[0] == '.' &&
path[1] == '.' &&
(path[2] == '\0' || path[2] == '/'))
return true;

return false;
}

/*
 * Detect whether path1 is a prefix of path2 (including equality).
 *
 * This is pretty trivial, but it seems better to export a function than
 * to export IS_DIR_SEP.
 */
bool
path_is_prefix_of_path(const char *path1, const char *path2)
{
int path1_len = strlen(path1);

if (strncmp(path1, path2, path1_len) == 0 &&
(IS_DIR_SEP(path2[path1_len]) || path2[path1_len] == '\0'))
return true;
return false;
}

/*
 * Extracts the actual name of the program as called -
 * stripped of .exe suffix if any
 */
const char *
get_progname(const char *argv0)
{
const char *nodir_name;
char    *progname;

nodir_name = last_dir_separator(argv0);
if (nodir_name)
nodir_name++;
else
nodir_name = skip_drive(argv0);

/*
* Make a copy in case argv[0] is modified by ps_status. Leaks memory, but
* called only once.
*/
progname = strdup(nodir_name);
if (progname == NULL)
{
fprintf(stderr, "%s: out of memory\n", nodir_name);
abort(); /* This could exit the postmaster */
}

#if defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(WIN32)
/* strip ".exe" suffix, regardless of case */
if (strlen(progname) > sizeof(EXE) - 1 &&
pg_strcasecmp(progname + strlen(progname) - (sizeof(EXE) - 1), EXE) == 0)
progname[strlen(progname) - (sizeof(EXE) - 1)] = '\0';
#endif

return progname;
}

/*
 * dir_strcmp: strcmp except any two DIR_SEP characters are considered equal,
 * and we honor filesystem case insensitivity if known
 */
static int
dir_strcmp(const char *s1, const char *s2)
{
while (*s1 && *s2)
{
if (
#ifndef WIN32
*s1 != *s2
#else
/* On windows, paths are case-insensitive */
pg_tolower((unsigned char) *s1) != pg_tolower((unsigned char) *s2)
#endif
&& !(IS_DIR_SEP(*s1) && IS_DIR_SEP(*s2)))
return (int) *s1 - (int) *s2;
s1++, s2++;
}
if (*s1)
return 1; /* s1 longer */
if (*s2)
return -1; /* s2 longer */
return 0;
}

/*
 * make_relative_path - make a path relative to the actual binary location
 *
 * This function exists to support relocation of installation trees.
 *
 * ret_path is the output area (must be of size MAXPGPATH)
 * target_path is the compiled-in path to the directory we want to find
 * bin_path is the compiled-in path to the directory of executables
 * my_exec_path is the actual location of my executable
 *
 * We determine the common prefix of target_path and bin_path, then compare
 * the remainder of bin_path to the last directory component(s) of
 * my_exec_path.  If they match, build the result as the part of my_exec_path
 * preceding the match, joined to the remainder of target_path.  If no match,
 * return target_path as-is.
 *
 * For example:
 * target_path  = '/usr/local/share/postgresql'
 * bin_path = '/usr/local/bin'
 * my_exec_path = '/opt/pgsql/bin/postgres'
 * Given these inputs, the common prefix is '/usr/local/', the tail of
 * bin_path is 'bin' which does match the last directory component of
 * my_exec_path, so we would return '/opt/pgsql/share/postgresql'
 */
static void
make_relative_path(char *ret_path, const char *target_path,
   const char *bin_path, const char *my_exec_path)
{
int prefix_len;
int tail_start;
int tail_len;
int i;

/*
* Determine the common prefix --- note we require it to end on a
* directory separator, consider eg '/usr/lib' and '/usr/libexec'.
*/
prefix_len = 0;
for (i = 0; target_path[i] && bin_path[i]; i++)
{
if (IS_DIR_SEP(target_path[i]) && IS_DIR_SEP(bin_path[i]))
prefix_len = i + 1;
else if (target_path[i] != bin_path[i])
break;
}
if (prefix_len == 0)
goto no_match; /* no common prefix? */
tail_len = strlen(bin_path) - prefix_len;

/*
* Set up my_exec_path without the actual executable name, and
* canonicalize to simplify comparison to bin_path.
*/
strlcpy(ret_path, my_exec_path, MAXPGPATH);
trim_directory(ret_path); /* remove my executable name */
canonicalize_path(ret_path);

/*
* Tail match?
*/
tail_start = (int) strlen(ret_path) - tail_len;
if (tail_start > 0 &&
IS_DIR_SEP(ret_path[tail_start - 1]) &&
dir_strcmp(ret_path + tail_start, bin_path + prefix_len) == 0)
{
ret_path[tail_start] = '\0';
trim_trailing_separator(ret_path);
join_path_components(ret_path, ret_path, target_path + prefix_len);
canonicalize_path(ret_path);
return;
}

no_match:
strlcpy(ret_path, target_path, MAXPGPATH);
canonicalize_path(ret_path);
}

/*
 * get_parent_directory
 *
 * Modify the given string in-place to name the parent directory of the
 * named file.
 *
 * If the input is just a file name with no directory part, the result is
 * an empty string, not ".".  This is appropriate when the next step is
 * join_path_components(), but might need special handling otherwise.
 *
 * Caution: this will not produce desirable results if the string ends
 * with "..".  For most callers this is not a problem since the string
 * is already known to name a regular file.  If in doubt, apply
 * canonicalize_path() first.
 */
void
get_parent_directory(char *path)
{
trim_directory(path);
}

/*
 * trim_directory
 *
 * Trim trailing directory from path, that is, remove any trailing slashes,
 * the last pathname component, and the slash just ahead of it --- but never
 * remove a leading slash.
 *
 * For the convenience of canonicalize_path, the path's new end location
 * is returned.
 */
static char *
trim_directory(char *path)
{
char    *p;

path = skip_drive(path);

if (path[0] == '\0')
return path;

/* back up over trailing slash(es) */
for (p = path + strlen(path) - 1; IS_DIR_SEP(*p) && p > path; p--)
;
/* back up over directory name */
for (; !IS_DIR_SEP(*p) && p > path; p--)
;
/* if multiple slashes before directory name, remove 'em all */
for (; p > path && IS_DIR_SEP(*(p - 1)); p--)
;
/* don't erase a leading slash */
if (p == path && IS_DIR_SEP(*p))
p++;
*p = '\0';
return p;
}

/*
 * trim_trailing_separator
 *
 * trim off trailing slashes, but not a leading slash
 */
static void
trim_trailing_separator(char *path)
{
char    *p;

path = skip_drive(path);
p = path + strlen(path);
if (p > path)
for (p--; p > path && IS_DIR_SEP(*p); p--)
*p = '\0';
}

/*
 * append_subdir_to_path
 *
 * Append the currently-considered subdirectory name to the output
 * path in canonicalize_path.  Return the new end location of the
 * output path.
 *
 * Since canonicalize_path updates the path in-place, we must use
 * memmove not memcpy, and we don't yet terminate the path with '\0'.
 */
static char *
append_subdir_to_path(char *path, char *subdir)
{
size_t len = strlen(subdir);

/* No need to copy data if path and subdir are the same. */
if (path != subdir)
memmove(path, subdir, len);

return path + len;
}