Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Duplicate Primary keys in postgresql tables

Hi Ken and Adrian,

Thanks for the useful suggestions!

We've investigated a bit more on the collations and we're almost certain it is the RC:

For Debian 11.11:
user=# select 'a' > 'A';  ?column? ----------  f (1 row) user=# select 'a' < 'A';  ?column? ----------  t (1 row)

For Alpine 11.19:
user=# select 'a' > 'A';  ?column? ----------  t (1 row) user=# select 'a' < 'A';  ?column? ----------  f (1 row)

We'll fix the image issue and re-index the affected tables.

Regards,
De

On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 11:02 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/22/23 10:11, De Lan wrote:
> Hi pgsql community,
>
> Recently we found in a postgresql 11.19.0 alpine table there are two
> rows with duplicate primary keys.
>

> *Our questions:*
>
> Any ideas on what might cause this behavior other than the collation? if
> it is a well-known issue in the pgsql community or it really is the
> coalition that's the root cause, do we have mitigation for this kind of
> issue from happening in future?

Don't blindly update containers, test first.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx