Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Duplicate Primary keys in postgresql tables

> *Our questions:*
>
> Any ideas on what might cause this behavior other than the collation? if it
> is a well-known issue in the pgsql community or it really is the
> coalition that's the root cause, do we have mitigation for this kind of
> issue from happening in future?
>

> De,
>
> Thanks!

Hi De,

Unless you are having a hardware issue this sort of problem is almost
always an unexpected change in the collation being used. You may be able
to use the ICU collation that has been added to minimize the impacts of
such a change. I would recommend monitoring your collation and if it
changes alert. Also, you need to verify all of the collations if you are
going to upgrade any OS or container OS. Containers are not magic in
this regards. The fix is to reindex if you have a collation change.

Regards,
Ken