Search Postgresql Archives

Need help setting up Windows authentication SSPI user mapping

Hi,

I would like to get helo with setting Windows authentication in a testing scenario.

I use Windows 11. Windows connects to AAD and thus I use a windows account. The domain name is na, user name is hai. I also setup a local user account hailocal. My machine name is haisurface

I have PostgreSQL 15 installed locally, and I want to connect to the local PostgreSQL using Windows authentication that is mapped to the postgres user name.

pg_hba.conf:
host    all             hailocal       127.0.0.1/32            sspi  include_realm=0

pg_ident.conf:
win_map         hailocal@haisurface     postgres

The Greenplum OLE DB Provider is unable to connect if I choose to use Windows authentication. The error message is the generic error that is no meaning. Do I have the wrong configuration? if yes, what configuration can I have?

Thanks in advance