Search Postgresql Archives

Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

Hi PG Users.

We are using Debezium to capture the CDC events into Kafka.
With decoderbufs and wal2json plugins the connector is able to capture the generated columns in the table but not with pgoutput plugin.

We tested with the following example:

CREATE TABLE employees (
    id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
    first_name VARCHAR(50),
    last_name VARCHAR(50),
    full_name VARCHAR(100) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (first_name || ' ' || last_name) STORED
);

// Inserted few records when the connector was running

Insert into employees (first_name, last_name) VALUES ('ABC' , 'XYZ’);

With decoderbufs and wal2json the connector is able to capture the generated column `full_name` in above example. But with pgoutput the generated column was not captured.
Is this a known limitation of pgoutput plugin? If yes, where can we request to add support for this feature?

Thanks.
Rajendra.