Search Postgresql Archives

Re: BI Reports and Postgres

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 1:45 AM KK CHN <kkchn.in@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> List,
> 1. For generating BI reports, which  Databases are more suitable ( RDBMS like Postgres  OR NoSQL like MongoDB ) ? Which is best? Why ?
>
> 2. Is NoSQL DBs like MongoDB et all useful in which scenarios  and application context ? or NoSQLs are losing the initial hype ?
>
> 3. Could someone point out which BI report tool (  OpenSource tool / Free Software tool )  available for  generating BI reports from Postgres ?   What does the community use ?
>
> 4. For Generating BI reports does it make sense to keep your data in RDBMS or do we need to port data to MongoDB or similar NoSQLs ?
>
> Any hints are much appreciated.

Each one of your questions has multiple answers, and which answer you
choose will depend on many factors, like cost, tools you currently
use, talent you have access to, etc.

I believe what you need is a consultant or company that provides
professional services, who can evaluate your needs, and then suggest
solutions and tools that will work for you.

Postgres website has a section [1] that lists companies that provide
professional services and support for Postgres and its ecosystem.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/

Best regards,
Gurjeet
http://Gurje.et