Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgbouncer best practices

Rita wrote on 7/8/23 4:27 AM:
I am not sure if it allows transaction pooling.

Well, take the time to figure it out. With transaction pooling enabled, you can get away with a much lower number of server connections. For example, our application regularly has thousands of clients connected to pgbouncer and is quite happy with ~30 server connections (roughly the core count of the db server). If we couldn't use transaction pooling we'd be fighting with how to keep those thousands of connections from wasting a bunch of resources on our db.

https://www.pgbouncer.org/features.html