Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Wrong passwords allowed

On 6/28/23 17:45, Atul Kumar wrote:
Hi,

I am having a strange issue that I have a postgres intance running on version 12 in centos 7.

So whenever I am trying to login in the database using psql -W option, I am entering the wrong passwords for that user, even after that I am logging in the database.

So could you help me in telling why is this strange behavior happening.

It is taking any passwords for any user be it right password or wrong password.

What could be the problem?

Not reading this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

and this: